On the 27th June we held an event with the Education Endowment Foundation. Our CEO Tom Harbour was joined by Fliss James from the EEF to discuss how to motivate and empower parents to have more high-quality interactions, and share evidence on the impact these can have on children’s learning and development.
Our event highlights included:
- The background on why what happens at home is so important to children’s development
- Demonstrations of the ‘ShREC’ approach to interactions
- Your reflections on the interactions between parents and children.
Unable to make it to the event? Watch the recording below!
We hope the event inspired you to take action to support parents in your organisation! Here are some ideas on how you can do that:
- Read the EEF’s report on Working with Parents to Support Children’s Learning.
- Partner with our charity, Learning with Parents, at your school. Sign up to our programme for September 2022, or book in a time for your head or SLT to meet with our CEO, Tom Harbour, to find out more.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest parental engagement news from Learning with Parents, the Education Endowment Foundation, and the East London Research School.
- Help parents at your school or nursery understand what to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage by sharing this guide from the East London Research School.
- Spread the message to colleagues, friends and family!